For many children visiting CEI El Jarama represents their first experience with nature and animals, so we will strive to ensure an enriching experience by creating the right emotional climate. Activities will be carried out with enthusiasm and dedication, with these being our main objectives:
• Enjoying and appreciating the visit as a positive experience
• Expanding knowledge about the environment and the rural sphere
• Discovering the farm’s beauty and utility
• Appreciating the need to protect nature
• Initiating and / or consolidating learning through the activities carried out
The methodology we employ in our activities is based on direct experience and active participation by the children who visit us. Observation and direct contact with the environment, the handling of materials, and a focus on the participant in each process yields truly meaningful learning.
Aware of the need to protect the emotional aspect of each child’s personality, we work to create an atmosphere of security in each group of children that allows them to feel comfortable with every experience.
It is also important to provide recreational and relaxed moments during which they exercise and exhibit other skills, abilities and values, such as cooperation, respect, tolerance, self-improvement and the enjoyment of social and emotional relationships.